Whether your hair replacement or enhancement journey has begun , or you are an experienced wig wearer ,this guide should be a helpful overview of the essentials of caring for your lace wig.
- 1. Be Gentle With ……
Treat your skin and hairline with the same loving care you give to your new wig .Protect your skin with scalp protector and always patch test new adhesives .When removing your wig ,always allow time for the solvent to work-never tug or pull to remove .
Lace wigs are delicate and can rip . It is also important to use wide tooth combs and brushes that have rubber “tips” at the end of each brush bristle .
2. Daily Care
MOISTURIZE-Use light ,moisturizing products and conditioners .Avoid products that are oily or contain dring ingredients such as alcohol
PROTECT-To help deter tangling ,wrap or braid hair at night and keep it moisturized. We also recommended for you to tie hair at night with a silk scarf ,especially around the hairline .
Applying and removing your wig may seem like a difficult task ,but it is easier than you might think .and many of our customers do it themselves .Re,e,ber ,it takes some practice,but the convenience of at-home applications often makes it more than worth-while.
3. Applying Your Wig
If you are using an attachment product ( tape or glue) for the first time ,perform a skin allergy test 48 hours before use the only use as directed by the manufacturer
1. To avoid having a bulky wig appearance ,prepare your own hair by braiding into small conrows ,warpping it or covering it with a wig cap .
2. Pin and Clip all hairs away form the perim-enter of the unit and carefully cut the extra lace .
3. Position unit on your head .
4. Apply alcohol to permeter of hairline with a cotton ball .Follow with scalp protector.
5. Apply adhesive just beyond your hairline as instructed by the adhsive manufacturer,Once the glue is ready press the lace down to your skin with the end of a tail comb .
6. Tie edges with a silk scarf until glue had full cured .
4. Removing Your Wig
1. Saturate the perimeter of you unit with adhesive remover where the unit is glued .
Tip : Wear a head band on your forehead to catch any liquid that may drip down .
2. Allow time for the adhesive remover to work .Re-saturates as needed .when it is ready , the lace should lift off your skin with the slightest tug.
3.Wipe glue from skin with adhesives remover .
Tip: A microfiber cloth works best for this !
4. Remover glue residue from the lace by spraying it with adhesive remover and wiping with a microfiber cloth .if there is still remaining glue .use " The Mirro Slide Technique".
5.Wash lace unit and store it on a mannequin to keep its shape .
5. Washing Tips
1. Always wash your unit while on a styrofoam heda. This is essential for avoiding tangling.
2. Air dry your wig whenever possible .
3. Seal the knots after each wash .
6. Care For Your Hair Weave
1.Co-Wash your Hair.Co-wash hair with a conditioner at least once a week.Using cold water to make it shinier, lock in moisture,reduce frizz.
2.Blow-dried and Don’t Let it air-dried.The longer the hair swelling goes on,the more pressure it puts on the delicate proteins keeping hair intact,which can lead to more damage.
3.Seal Your Wefts or knots Before Hair Install.Seal wefts or knots will prevent shedding and make hair tight. Pls applying the sealant to both sides of the weft.
4.Use Wide Toothed Comb.After you shower, try using a wide toothed comb. Or, use your fingers, rather than a brush.
5.Protect That Hair From HEAT. Use a heat protectant spray, oil or serumwhen you use heating tools.
6.Tips To Root.When take your comb, brush, or fingers & start at the tips of your hair and work your way up to the root (weft ) of hair.
7.Deep Condition. After serval installation,a deep condition is necessary.Good conditioner or deep conditioner is need.Try shampoos that do not contain sulfates or parabens.
8.Wrap It Up. Remember to twist,braid,bantu-knot,flexi-rod,roller set,rod set,or wrap your Hair before sleep.
9.Don’t swim in the Sea. when your hair is installed which may make your hair dry and tangle badly.
7. How to Deep Condition your hair
Conditioning your hair is an important step in any hair care regimen, We suggest you deep condition your hair once a week. Hopefully you will find this tips helpful, and if you know a good tip to keep you hair looking fresh, Pls tell us :)
1. You need a wide tooth comb before start, Saturate hair in lukewarm water. Once the hair is completely wet ,you can comb hair under water ,make sure the hair tangle free.
2. Wash your hair normally with shampoo of your choice. You don’t need a lot of shampoo, just a dime size amount should be enough. Then Rinse shampoo out of hair.
3. After rinsing the hair, Squeeeze any excess water out and towel dry hair, then going to apply the conditioner & hold for 3-5 minutes. You don’t need to add conditioner directly to the roots of the hair, this weighs the hair down if not washed out completely.
4. Rinse your hair with lukewarm water, don’t use cold water! Be sure remise the hair clean, leftover residue can cause tangles and matting. Rinse the hair until the water runs clear
5. Put the hair on the dry towel and roll up the towel, it can help to make the hair dry fast. Once the hair has been dried, put some olive oil on it , make the hair keep soft and not too dry.
What you’ll need:
A large zip lock bag (you can use a plastic container instead )
Shampoo & Conditioner of your choice Water
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Microwave Towel, blanket, or sheet
Feel free to create a effective way to style your hair care routine, but remember to follow hair care principles, or you will damage your hair.
8. Speical Care For Curly Hair
1. It is very important to seal knots for lace wig & lace closure or seal wefts for bundles, It can protect your hair from shedding, We suggest you seal the hair before use it and after every hair shampoo. Here we suggest TDI knots sealer and Walker Top-Loc Knots Sealer.
2. We strongly recommend not to dye the hair by yourself since the hair dye chemical will damage the hair cuticle, make the hair easy tangle and shedding. We are not responsible for any hair problem caused during dying.
3. Please use some hair care spray such as TRESemmeHEATDEFENCE if you need to style the hair by straighten or curl it.
4. We suggest you make the bundles into wig if you didn’t purchased wigs, and take off it when you sleeping or swimming. If you sleep with it, the hair will easy massed & tangle; The hair will be tangle and hard to comb after you swimming on the pool or the ocean.
5.Natural curly hair are deemed to be fun and flirty with a dose of romance and spontaneity on the character. But curly hair can be especially difficult to take care of and hard to manage, because the curl shape must be maintained for the hair to retain most of its original look. And it is easy to be tangled and frizzy than straight hair .It is normal that the curl shape will be loose after several wash, So learning to take care of your curly hair can save you a lot of money.
Detangle curly hair
Put some spary on the hair, then use a wide-toothed comb to very gently get any tangles out, starting at the tip of the hair and working slowly upwards. hair with tight curls generally should not be combed at all, because this can break apart the curls. Once the curls have been separated, it can be impossible to restyle them as they were. Some hair can be gently detangled with your fingers. (please avoid using hair dryers which will make your hair frizzy and damage it).
Deep condition curly hair
Suggest to wash your curly hair on a mannequin head ,This gives you complete control over the procedure. Use shampoo and conditioners that are specially designed for curly hair. Try not to wash too frequently as it may strip the hair of its moisture and bring about frizziness. Once a week is fine, Detangle your hair after each wash, Avoid towel drying curly hair. After wash, put some oil on it, it can keep the hair moisturized and soft.
Styling curly hair
* Know your hair curl shape is important ,Shape the hair by scrunching it some more and twirling pieces around a finger.
* Tie your hair at night with a silk scarf. Braid or plait hair in separate sections to avoid any tangling during your sleep.
* Not straighten curly hair as much as possible. It may cause hair problems like shedding and tangle.
* When the hair is dry, you can separate curls with your fingers for a fuller look.
Recommend products for curly hair
Never use products with mineral oils on your curly hair, The products below are excellent for curly units, and are also well priced and can be found in drug stores, beauty supply shops and on line.
A.Comb:Ouidad Wide Tooth Comb or Pettine Afro metallo Comb
B.Shampoo : DevaCurl No-Poo Condition Cleanser.
C.Conditioner:Kinky-Curly Knot Today Leave-In Conditioner
D.Curly Sexy Hair Curling Detangler
E. Organix coconut oil
F.Ouidad Climate Control Gel